Will in Contemplation of Divorce
Download Will in Contemplation of Divorce in word format. Save Will in contemplation of divorce on your computer, edit and reuse as many times as you need.
Will in Contemplation of Divorce
Under section 14A of the Act a testator’s Will is revoked by their subsequent divorce unless the Will is made in contemplation of divorce. Similar rules apply to the contemplation of marriage clauses …
Contemplation of Divorce
While it may not be a high priority while going through a separation or divorce, it is critical that you change your Will.
The period of separation before a divorce a critical time to ensure your Will is updated. If you separate and then die before updating your Will, your spouse will still inherit any property you gifted to them under your Will. Likewise, if you have named your spouse as the executor of your Will, that appointment still stands. You will need to make a new Will.
This will in contemplation of divorce is 6 pages long.
Will Signing Instructions
How to Sign your Will
- You must sign and date your Will in the presence of two witnesses at the same time. It is best that all three persons use the same pen as proof of the fact that they were together at the same time.
- Your witnesses should not be beneficiaries or potential beneficiaries under your Will. There is a presumption at law that a beneficiary who has also witnessed a Will may have used undue influence in order to obtain a gift in the Will. The law therefore invalidates gifts to beneficiaries who serve as witnesses. The same applies to spouses of beneficiaries.
- Subject to the above, your Will can be witnessed by anyone who is of sound mind and at least 18 years old.
- You should review your Will in the presence of your witnesses, then sign it on the last page and the foot of every page, using your normal signature. Take care not to miss any pages. Then write the date on your Will.
- Both witnesses must see you sign your Will. They also need to see each other sign as witnesses. This requires you and your witnesses to be present at the same time.
- Your witnesses should view every page so they can confirm, if asked, that there were no amendments when you signed your Will. They do not, however, need to read the Will or know what it says.
- After you have signed and dated your Will the first witness must then sign at the bottom of each page and at the end of the Will immediately below the attestation clause in the space provided. The second witness then follows this same procedure. The witnesses should include their full names, occupations and addresses so they can be located in the future if it becomes necessary for them to verify that you signed the Will. You should confirm that each witness has signed where required. Do this while they are all still in the same room. Finally, make sure all pages of your Will are stapled together.
Storing Your Will
Keep your Will in a safe place and tell your executors where you have put the original. You may also consider giving your executors a copy of the Will. There is no requirement to register your will or do anything else with it.
FREE WILL TEMPLATE SAMPLE
FOR FURTHER INFORMTION
Easy to Use. Immediate response to my query online. I have used them for many of my companies legal dealings. Very happy with service.
Precedents Online sells legal documents to the legal profession in Australia. The online legal documents are supplied by Kalde Pty Ltd. Most of the copyright in the works available on this site vests in Kalde Pty Ltd and the documents themselves have been created by practising lawyers.
Legal precedents sold on this site are available for immediate use. Precedents shown on this site have been drafted by practicing lawyers and kept up to date with changes in the law.
I have been using Precedents Online for quite some time now for all my family wills, trusts and also when I started my business up with shares and found the documents very helpful. I also was able to get immediate response to any questions I had relating to those downloads. Love how easy it is.
John Eussen – Eussen Living Pty Ltd
Great service. Fast response and a good price.
Easy to follow the download procedure.
Would definitely use again.
Jim – Director – Domain Tax Accounting
Contact us :- Support@precedentsonline.com.au