Notice of Exerecise of Lease
Suitable For Use : ACT, NSW, NT, QLD, SA, TAS, VIC and WA
NOTICE OF EXERCISE OF LEASE OPTION
How do I exercise an option for a commercial lease?
There is no prescribed form for the exercise of a Lease. It should be done in writing.
Most lawyers use a custom-made form which they ask clients to sign. This is done
for several reasons:
1. An official looking form is less likely to be ignored. An email requesting the exercise of an option is more likely to overlooked or mistaken for routine correspondence. In some leases notice by email is not sufficient. ‘Notice in writing’ often means a piece of paper with an original signature on it.
2. Asking clients to sign is a way of confirming their instructions to exercise the option. If they later forget then you have the signed Notice as proof of their instructions.
3. Exercising an option and then not taking it up could spark a legal battle about payment of the landlord’s costs and damages for lost rent. Even though the landlord may not be entitled to charge costs (as in leases under the Retail Leases Act) and it is the tenant’s choice not to proceed, there have been cases of desperate and/or greedy/misinformed landlords trying to claim their costs from tenants.
Advise clients on the pros and cons of exercising their option (being careful not to stray in the territory of giving financial advice) and suggest they shop around for a better deal before making their decision.
In advising on lease options it is especially important to keep file notes. If your client instructs you not to exercise the option, make a file note to that effect, reminding your client that you are not obliged to give them further reminders. A letter confirming their instructions is a great idea for all the reasons mentioned above.
This download includes:-
- letter to lessee client advising on Notice of Exercise of Lease Option
- letter to lessor enclosing Notice of Exercise of Lease Option
- letter to lessors managing agent enclosing Notice of Exercise of Lease Option and requesting variations
- letter to lessors managing agent enclosing Notice of Exercise of Lease Option
- Notice of Exercise of Lease Option
The complete set only $55.00
What We Do
Precedents shown on this site have been drafted by practicing Australian lawyers and kept up to date with changes in the law.
Who We Are
Precedents Online sells legal documents to the legal profession in Australia.
Simple to Use
Immediate Word Download to your email inbox. Edit and Reuse as you need. No Memberships required.
- Print multiple copies.
- Download, edit and reuse.
Free Legal Drafting Booklet
Free Legal Drafting Book to guide you through the process of drafting your legal documents.
Guaranteed Safe Checkout
Commercial Lease Agreement NSW includes a general purpose leasing agreement contract. Suitable for most commercial properties.
Special provisions relating to Covid 19 have recently passed into law. Residential Tenancies Regulation 2019 have prescribed wording that must be included in all Residential Leases.
The precedent package includes an initial letter to the lessee setting the ground rules, requesting information and outlining the lessee’s responsibilities.
The following precedents all relate to Retail Leases, and comply with the Retail Leases Act
What Our Customers Say
Great service. Fast response and a good price. Easy to follow the download procedure.
Would definitely use again.
Jim - Director Domain Tax & Accounting
Looking forward to purchasing more precedents as it's a great service for a small legal practice just starting out.
Maree - Lawyer - Law Lab
Easy to Use. Immediate response to my query online. I have used them for many of my legal dealings. Very happy with service.
John - Eussen Living
Precedents Online sells legal documents to solicitors and the legal profession in Australia. The documents have been created by practising lawyers.
Precedents Online is an Online Legal Document publisher selling legal documents, agreements and legal contracts and agreements by leading Australian lawyers for purchase and use by the Australian legal profession.
Legal precedents sold on this site are available for immediate use. Online Precedents shown on this site have been drafted by practicing lawyers and kept up to date with changes in the law.
Precedents Online. Powered by Kalde Legal.
All our Legal Documents are in Word Foarmat.
Download, save and reuse as many times as you require.
No Memberships, Logins Required.
No forms or Template to complete before download. Download immediatley.
Free Legal Booklet
FREE Legal Drafting Booklet to guide you with drafting your legal documents.
Document Review Service by Lawyer.
Australian Owned & Operated. All Templates drafted by practicng Australian Lawyers.