Australian Legal Templates
Family Law Practice Manual
Suitable For Use : ACT, NSW, NT, QLD, SA, TAS, VIC and WA
by Peter Szabo
The Family Law Practice Manual by Peter Szabo is the definitive practice manual for Family Law in Australia. It contains detailed commentary, and precedents.
The Family Law Practice Manual include letters, pleadings, court forms and other documents needed in the practice of Family Law. The precedents are fully formatted in Microsoft Word, ready to download and use immediately. Access is instantaneous – you receive an email with all the material attached automatically as soon as payment is processed.
Table of Contents
CHAPTER 1 The first Interview
- Making the Appointment
- Handouts to be given to your client
- Legal Aid
- Legal aid Locations
- Certification that Brochures were given to your client
- Using a Family Law instruction sheet
- Confirming instructions in writing
- Example Letter
- Ordering your client’s financial affairs
- Pension entitlements
- The Child Support Agency
- Further Assistance for Family Law practitioners
- CHAPTER 2 Pre action procedures
- CHAPTER 3 Choice of Court
- CHAPTER 4 Court documents and administrative essentials
- CHAPTER 5 Application for a Divorce
- CHAPTER 6 Dispensing with Service
- CHAPTER 7 Financial applications
- CHAPTER 8 Parenting applications
- CHAPTER 9 Spousal Maintenance
- CHAPTER 10 Child maintenance outside CSA assessments
- CHAPTER 11 Child support departure applications
- CHAPTER 12 Interim and urgent applications
- CHAPTER 13 Consent orders
- CHAPTER 14 Financial Agreements
- CHAPTER 15 Appeals and Reviews
- CHAPTER 16 Costs
- CHAPTER 17 Resources and Papers
- This practice guide includes over 200 precedents!
Precedents Online sells legal documents to the legal profession in Australia. The online legal documents are supplied by Kalde Legal Pty Ltd. Most of the copyright in the works available on this site vests in Kalde Legal Pty Ltd and the documents themselves have been created by practising lawyers.
Legal precedents sold on this site are available for immediate use. Precedents shown on this site have been drafted by practicing lawyers and kept up to date with changes in the law.
Precedents Online. Powered by Kalde Legal.
Peter Szabo Family Law
Peter Szabo is an acknowledged leader among Family Lawyers. He has been at the cutting edge in the development of Family Law. He was involved in the famous case of Ascot Investments and Harper. This 1980 High Court decision remains definitive of third party rights in the Family Court. His main focus now on the interaction between Family Law, asset protection and succession planning. Peter is author of the Family Law Practice Manual. His qualifications and experience are extensive and include:
- Accredited Family Law Specialist;
- Fellow of the International Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers – www.iaml.org
- A trained mediator; and
- A trained collaborative lawyer
The fusion of de facto and same sex couples under the Family Law umbrella likewise highlights the need for families, particularly those involved in family businesses to consider the ramifications of these developments. Failure to do so can result in unwanted consequences on family breakdown. Not to mention the emotional distress and legal costs involved.
Financial Agreements (often called Prenuptial Agreements) can be constructively minimise those complications. In recent decisions of various State Supreme Courts testamentary intentions expressed in such an agreement has been taken into consideration in determining whether to allow a claim on an estate. A properly constructed agreement with reasonable terms can achieve this result. Willmakers can to this extent add a defence to a claim by a widow/widower. This is becoming a very important issue with Greying Australia and the increasing incidence of Blended Families.
Other publications by Peter Szabo
- The Family Court Practice Manual (since1985), published by the Leo Cussen Institute of Victoria and now in its 6th edition.
- The Family Law Practice Manual – published by Documents Online
- Family Law Financial Settlements – Law Book Company
- Tax Issues in Family Law – the difference between Hacking and Carving
- The Family Breakdown chapter in the CCH Master Financial Planning Guide
- Numerous papers annually for presentation
to lawyers, financial planners and accountants nationally, on all aspects of Family Law.
Other contributions to the legal profession
- Family Law Instructor at the Leo Cussen Institute since 1978.
- Founding Chairman of the Advisory Committee to the Accreditation Board for Family Law Specialists in Victoria, the first specialist program in Australia.
- Current chair of the Accredited Specialists Continuing Education Committee
A self-confessed computer nerd, he has presented Nationally on office automation systems. Peter has been described as one of the Pilgrim Fathers of technology in the Legal Profession. Now a Life Member, he was President of the Apple Users of Melbourne computer club from 1990 to 1992. He continued lecturing monthly on technology until 2005.
Contact – Support@precedentsonline.com.au
What Our Customers Say
Great service. Fast response and a good price. Easy to follow the download procedure.
Would definitely use again.
Jim – Director Domain Tax & Accounting
Looking forward to purchasing more precedents as it’s a great service for a small legal practice just starting out.
Maree – Lawyer – Law Lab
Easy to Use. Immediate response to my query online. I have used them for many of my legal dealings. Very happy with service.
John – Eussen Living
Immediate attachment of the download with your confirmation email.
Download in Word Format. Simply, save and reuse.
No Memberships, Logins Required.
No forms or Template to complete before download. Download immediatley.
Free Legal Booklet
FREE Legal Drafting Booklet to guide you with drafting your legal documents.
Document Review Service by Lawyer.
Australian Owned & Operated. All Templates drafted by practicng Australian Lawyers.