Media Production Agreements
These Media Production Agreements collection includes agreements for the production and development of television documentaries, music recording and multimedia projects. It is a very complex field of law.
The Following Media Production Agreements available
TV Show Production Agreement
A tri partite TV Show Production Agreement between Producer, Artist and Artist’s Agent to produce a promotional documentary video.
- The producer bears all the cost and risk
- Preliminary budget and promotional reel
- Producer to secure funding & pre sales
- Producer to have full artistic control
- Artist and agent to have input in production
- Copyright ownership
- Use of copyright material
- Allocation of revenue
- Termination for breach
This Media Production Agreement precedent was created for a producer who is making a promotional documentary on a speculative basis, is bearing the cost and therefore wishes to recoup its outlay and share in the proceeds (if any).
9 pages long.
Multimedia Development Finance Agreement
A Multimedia Development Funding agreement between a financier and producer. The financier is providing funds to develop a concept into a multimedia product.
- The financier provides the funds
- The producer develops the concept
- Financier is granted rights as surety
- Funds are provided in installments
- Milestones be completed before each installment is paid
- Cost and time overruns
This Media Development Agreement contemplates the Financier appointing a representative to oversee the project. Adaptable to other projects apart from multimedia. ie, suitable for film, tv, etc.
21 pages long.
Video Distribution Agreement
A Media Production Agreement between a video producer and a distributor. Includes clauses relating to:
- Producer grants an exclusive licence to distribute
- Distributor to account to producer
- Distributor to bear cost of distribution
- Clearance by government censorship bodies
- Right to inspect records
- Warranties & undertakings
11 pages long.
Music Publishing Agreement
A Music Publishing Agreement between a music publisher and a songwriter.
- Publisher is licenced to publish songs for a specified period
- Within a territory
- Rights in songs revert to songwriter after contract expires
- Advances paid to songwriter
- Accounting & reporting procedures
10 pages long.