Studying law is tough. It’s one of the hardest things I’ve ever done in my life and I respect anyone who undertakes the challenge that is Law School. If you are studying and working at the same time as I did, that usually means that your time and financial resources are stretched to the limit. Anything that can (legitimately) help you get your assignments done, and your exams passed is worth it’s weight in gold. I’ve dedicated this page to students everywhere who are doing the hard slog on their way to becoming lawyers. I salute you, and also give you these words of encouragement: it’s worth it. Once you have made it through and become a legal practitioner your future self with thank you. It is one of the hardest and one of the best things you will ever do. I hope to see you on the other side – joining the ranks of the legal profession. In the meantime here are some hacks to help you get there.
Hacks for passing law assignments
Sometimes an assignment will ask you for in depth information about how documents are created in the real world. Here are some hacks to help you get the information on this site – for free! (we were law students once too.)
- What goes into a shareholder’s agreement?
- What essential elements must a buy/sell agreement cover?
- What is a Binding Financial Agreement?
You can find out the answers to these types of questions by looking up the documents on our site. Here’s how to do it:
- Look up the document’s description. This gives you some pretty good clues about what the document does, and sometimes the underlying legislation (if that’s important). If no legislation is referred to, then the common law probably plays the dominant role.
- Look at the free samples. Most of the free samples of legal documents has a table of contents, which is like a list of the secret ingredients that make up that document. You don’t get the actual clauses with the free samples, but sometime the list is enough.
If you find out some other hacks to use this site in the cause of passing law school, email to let us all know. GOOD LUCK!