Copyright Licence Agreements
Copyright License Agreements are the exclusive right to copying, publication, performance, licensing, broadcasting and other forms of transmission of a work.
The general principle is that a copyright agreement refers to the right to exclude others from unauthorised use of the author’s work.
Copyright License Agreements refers to the rights acquired when creative effort is reduced to a material form. No registration is required.
A Copyright Agreement comes into existence when the creation is rendered in material form. Assignments of copyright must be in writing, signed by or on behalf of the assignor.
A Copyright Assignment is when an author assigns complete copyright in a written work, for a one-off payment.
- Copyright Assignment is worldwide
- Assignee may make changes and adaptations
- Assignee may translate the work
- Author provides warranties as to originality
- Assignee may use Author’s name in advertising
- Suitable for individual or company
In this Copyright Assignment direction to pay author’s agent (may be deleted if author does not have an agent).
4 pages long.
Copyright License Agreement
A Copyright Licence is when an author grants a license to publish a work within a specified territory for a specified time.
- Territory, term and other variables are located in a schedule
- Copyright Licence is exclusive
- Copyright Licensee must keep the work in publication
- Author has first right of refusal for new editions
- A copyright license for individual or company
Copyright Assignment: Building Plans
Tri-partite Copyright Assignment is for use in sale of land where the purchaser wishes to have the benefit of architectural plans.
- Copyright Assignment when a vendor assigns rights in the plans and DA to purchaser
- Architect allows plans to be used by purchaser to erect building
- No obligation to follow the plans
- Simple drafting layout with all variables in schedule
- for individual or company
You may also like:-
Author : Eric Kalde